Welcome to the Rhum Brave Chronicle. A collection of posts, pictures and videos from our adventures aboard the Rhum Brave.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mother Ocean Marine Consignment - Update


Like Hannibal Smith said... "I love it when a plan comes together!"  I received this week my first return on investment from Mother Ocean.  My oldest daughter even said "High five dude... and you owe me $30 dollars."  Ok we're not talking about four digit figures but it's enough to keep my interests moving forward.  Certainly a first installment towards next summer's adventure (or even a down payment on a sailboat I have my eye on).  With the cooler weather comes garage sales and the buys have been really good.  My next consignment will include several wooden model sailboats, a tandem kayak and a turn-of-the-century ship lamp.  My best score was a set of bronze ship portholes (rectangular and round) plus various teak blocks & tackle.  I cleaned up several of the bronze pieces and have been varnishing the teak wood.  Check back in a few days for pictures.  And yes Vic... you'll get your cut!



No comments:

Post a Comment

For easiest commenting please select "Anonymous" unless you are a Google account holder. I appreciate your comments.